Is Berocca Vegan?

All about nutrition for vegans!
mongjong
Seed
Seed

Is Berocca Vegan?

Postby mongjong » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Anyone know if Berocca is vegan? Or does anyone have any suggestions of a yummy way to get a daily boost of vitamins?

bitapple
Seed
Seed

Re: Is Berocca Vegan?

Postby bitapple » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 pm

On Berocca's website (http://www.berocca.com.au/faqs/berocca-performance/) it says:

Is Berocca® Performance suitable for vegans?

If you’re a vegan and looking to fizz with vitamins and minerals, then Berocca® Performance Effervescent tablets (or Performance 50+ Effervescent tablets) are for you. Please don’t take the Berocca® Performance film-coated tablets as they contain lactose which is derived from cow’s milk.

So yes! It is vegan! I'm not sure what the performance effervescent tablets vs the film-coated tablets are though? Which are the ones you can get at Woolworths?

mongjong
Seed
Seed

Postby mongjong » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks bitapple! I just noticed it is listed on this site as well haha http://simplifyveganfood.com.au/products/?brand=Berocca

I'm pretty sure the effervescent tables are the ones that you can buy at Woolies or Coles.. they are the ones that dissolve in the water and cause bubbles I believe. I think the film coated ones are the ones that don't dissolve in water and you swallow them instead.

bitapple
Seed
Seed

Postby bitapple » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:16 pm

No problems - glad i could help. I did read somewhere though that Berocca isn't great as your body can't take all of the vitamins in so it may be more worthwhile getting a vegan friendly multivitamin or one that is high in B12 instead?

C69kie
Seed
Seed

Postby C69kie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Have you tried Hairy Lemon?

mongjong
Seed
Seed

Postby mongjong » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm not sure if it's vegan friendly? I have just sent an email to the makers and hopefully they get back to us with a big fat YES. Will keep you all posted.

Return to “Nutrition”