In new footage and a report released by Animals Australia, Australian exported cattle can be seen tortured and slaughtered inhumanely in Vietnam. In the shocking revelations, Animals Australia not only found cattle that were being sledgehammered to death, where some of the animals withstood up to 5 blows before collapsing, but they also witnessed:
- Australian animals in non-approved abattoirs that are known for their inhuman practices such as sledgehammering
- Removal of identification ear tags so that it is impossible to trace the animals back to the original exporter
- A bull butchered while still alive
- Stunning equipment used incorrectly
- Animals inhumanely killed and butchered in unhygienic conditions, even some within approved slaughterhouses
While it is never OK to treat any animal in such a terrible manner, it makes it even worse when it is known and nothing has been done about it!
You can read the full report by Animals Australia here. Please note that the article contains confronting material, including videos and photos, which may offend some readers. Discretion is strongly advised.
Note: Featured image sourced from Animals Australia.